Indonesia is a must-do market for agriculture business now!
- Indonesia will start to implement B20 biodisel. With the mandate, production of palm oil in Indonesia will increase to 40 million tons per year by 2020.
- Indonesia is the world’s largest producer of palm oil and the second largest producer of certified sustainable palm oil (CSPO); 41% of annual production capacity of CSPO come from Indonesia
- Indonesia has become the largest CPO (Crude Palm Oil) producer in the world since 5 years ago with an average production of 23.5 million tons per year and the area is growing along with the increasing amount of demand for palm oil in International markets
- The palm oil plantation in Indonesia is execrated to increase the most over the next five years. Currently there are 7.5 million hectares of palm oil plantations in Indonesia to 8.1 million hectares producing 23.2 million tons of CPO this year producing 28.4 million tons of CPO by 2014 – an 18.7% increase in plantation area.
- It is estimated that approximately 9% of Indonesia’s palm oil output is certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)